Port Lucie, FL – February 17, 2026 – It’s been two years since 28-year-old Tristan Hastings was shot during a repossession in broad daylight. Fortunately for him, he survived. On December 3rd of 2025, the shooter was convicted. His sentence was one he is unlikely to survive.

As previously reported, the shooting was all caught on video back on January 25th of 2024 when at about noon, 28-year-old Tristan Hastings was attempting to repossess a vehicle on the 2000 block of Southwest Villanova Road. It was there that he encountered the borrower, 59-year-old Omar Sueque.
As can be seen on video, Sueque placed himself between his car and the tow truck yelling, “Hey, get out, this is private property,” and “I have cameras here.” Undaunted, Hastings can be seen edging his truck further back toward the car.
Infuriated, Sueque can be seen charging up to the truck and punching Hastings through the open truck window. Equally outraged, Hastings leapt from his truck and chased after Sueque.

Not seen on the video, Sueque admittedly went into his house and returned with a gun. Exactly how many rounds were fired is unknown, but Hastings was hit with six rounds at close range through the driver’s side window and cab according to Port St. Lucie police Chief Richard Del Toro when interviewed by WPTV.
Hastings fled for safety and drove around the corner where he went to a neighboring residence and called 911. Police and emergency services located him and found him suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.
Hastings was airlifted to HCA Florida Lawnwood Hospital in Fort Pierce. It was reported that he is expected to recover, but four of the bullets were still in him.
Responding Police arrested Sueque at the scene of the crime without incident.
The Shooters Defense
When Sueque appeared before a St. Lucie County judge and pleaded his case, he stated.
“I have cameras at home that was filming at the time that everything happened,” Sueque said. “They are six to seven feet away from what happened, and my accusations are based on video taken from 200 feet away, they never mentioned the person made personal threats against me.”
Sueque was facing one count of attempted homicide and one count of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.
The Sentence

Omar Sueque, now 61, was in a St. Lucie County courtroom to face his sentencing after his December 3, 2025, conviction of attempted first-degree murder with a firearm and a second charge of burglary.
On Tuesday February 17th, the judge sentenced Sueque to two life sentences.
Sueque’s attorney called the sentencing “disappointing” and said there would be a “vigorous appeal” to the case.
Source: WFLX





More Stories
Gunfire During Texas Repo Caught on Video
Repo Agent Wrestles Shotgun from Borrower
Breaking the Routine – Finding the Sweet Spot in Weekend Recoveries
Repo Rampage in Rural Texas
ARA Served Letter of Inquiry by Senator Warren
Arrest Made for Attempted Murder of Repossession Agent